You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who ya gonna call?


So I've stolen another person's idea. Over at The Miniatures Page, someone was asking about Ghostbusters miniatures. One of the responses pointed toward the minis illustrated here; These nice figs are made by Heresy, a small operation that produces some excellent minis. You can find the company here: http://www.heresyminiatures.com/ (I'm sure Andy will appreciate your business! :)

These minis aren't matches for the movie characters, but they are close enough, so I ordered a set. Plus there is a woman who can stand in as a Janine figure. Really, the only thing they'll need are proton packs. The packs should be a fun exercise in scratchbuilding on a small scale. Once the figures arrive, I'll start mapping out the packs and finding some bits to begin the build. I'll also build a few ghost traps, convert one of the figure's datapads into a PKE meter and add ecto-goggles to a figure. This is the plan, anyway. In the meantime, I'll probably be rigging some 1/1200 scale napoleonic ships. We'll see how this goes with the two projects going at once.

In the meantime, I've written up some rules to play the figures in a game. The rules are a simple rewrite of Tusk (so I can't share them with you unfortunately.) But I'm sure, if any of you decide to go the same Ghostbusters route I'm taking, you'll find your own favorite ruleset to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment