You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fairy Meat and some old(er) painted minis


So I picked up Fairy Meat 10 years ago right after it came out, and I've never played it (sigh). Soon after, when I got into Confrontation, I decide to sacrifice a few Fianna warriors to conversion into Fairy Meat minis. And these were the result.
The wings came from a blister sold by Reaper back then (not sure if the wings are still available). In those days, I still had not discovered the delights of greenstuff or Sculpey, so I had to find little creative ways of covering up my handywork (in this case, the brass pin that poked out the back of the wings), hence, the skulls. Who'd a thought a skull could be aesthetic AND practical?

Having rediscovered these minis just a few days ago, I thought I'd share them (as well as share an older sample of my painting.) I still have the rules, and I'm gonna have another read. The rules are a bit clunky, but their premise is great: Fairies battle each other with vicious weapons yes, but the scale is 1:1. So your 28mm fairy is actual size, and the battlefield is where ever you want- forest floor, dirty bedroom, dorm room desk (ideas straight from the rule book.) I may use a different rule set, but keep the scale.

Anyway, point being, here's some minis I have that I thought were pretty cool and wanted to share:)

3 comments:

  1. This game looks excellent, shame it wasn't so readily available in the UK at the time.
    I would love to give it a go sometime and those are some very inspired conversions!

    Well done mate.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point being - That's the whole point of a blog! - Nice share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten all about Fairy Meat! I always thought it was a solid and fun concept, but never found anyone I knew that wanted to try it out.

    Ah well.

    Thats quite a bright collection you amassed. :)

    ReplyDelete