You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, June 18, 2012

Post Apoc: Missionary and Tadpole


Here's the last of my post-apoc stuff for a few days (I do have one item on the way.) The first is another priest, a low-level Oak Street missionary. He was made from another Marx figure. He completes my collection  of "clergy." I'd still like to get a figure to represent a "gene" priest (the last branch of the Septimontium church which I don't have represented.) In due time.


The other figure was actually an impulse buy. I had yet to try out a figure from Reaper's new Bones collection, and my local game store had a couple. So I picked up the purple worm (only $2.95!)

It's made up of essentially the same material as my dinosaurs, so I used the same technique as on my dinosaurs to paint this worm. The material remains tacky with a spray primer, but takes and holds an acrylic base coat just fine.

I'm calling this beasty a Tadpole. I'm letting the figure dictate a little bit of my setting (in this case, biology.) I'm calling it a Tadpole, because it is the young of a Froggy. As it ages, it will lose its digging teeth and grow limbs, at which time it will emerge from underground to live the rest of its life hunting angrily around the Wasteland.


1 comment:

  1. You need to do a baby Moro-on a leash-for someone to drag around as a pet. Wonder if there is a pooper-scooper law?

    ReplyDelete