You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

42mm Samurai: Peasant defending with yari


This is another figure I put together using the "reversed" pose as seen previously. I've also done the slight leg rotation as well as a head swap.

I didn't break either of the feet off rotating these legs, but I'm sure I weakened the ankle joints, so I used green stuff to sculpt some pants down to help strengthen the joints, as well as add a little diversity to my corp of peasants.

That's it for my peasants. Using two poses (the two center spearmen in the photo below), I've made seven different figures (actually, seven different peasants plus my Zatoichi figure which is not yet finished.) And all it took was some green stuff, razor saw, needle files, pen and vise, brass rod, and the gumption to tear apart and reassemble my figures.

I still want to make an unarmored bowman of some sort using either a samurai or peasant pose, but  I have yet to figure out how to go about the conversion.


No comments:

Post a Comment