You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, May 22, 2013

42mm samurai: Seven Samurai?


Well, not quite seven samurai, but I realized I at least have enough figures to protect at least one of the entryways into the village, so here's a pic for you all to enjoy.

I think I could honestly spend the money for enough peasants and samurai, and take the time to do all the conversions to put together a good village army (as well as some bandits). Really, the only thing stopping me is space (I'd need to build a few more buildings, too); I live in a small apartment. Well, if I win a nice lottery, I'll buy a home with a dedicated "Seven Samurai" room.

Hmm, I was out of ideas for unarmored samurai conversions. But I haven't looked at Steve Barber's armored variants in a while. I wonder what kind of bandits I could cobble together?

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic shot! Love your work here. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. I think a seven samurai themed game sounds like just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll gladly make space in our game room for your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Huh!" * sticks hand out of his kimono and tugs scruffy beard appreciatively *

    ReplyDelete