You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, May 3, 2014

Down from the mountains


Here's my other yamabushi. I used the straw-hat head from the new samurai figure on this figure. And since he had a travelling hat, I painted him up in more "traveling" colors. I armed him with a hammered-brass naginata.

After figuring out where everything was on my first copy of this figure, it was much easier to paint the second copy.

Just one more samurai to paint (then maybe another small order, and maybe JUST maybe yet another commission.) The samurai I saved for last is the samurai drawing his sword- but this one has the head of an old man; this figure will be the boss of my new Edo (or other urban center) street gang.

If you're thinking about samurai skirmish games, I recommend you at least take a look at the 42mm options offered by Steve Barber Models.  Niche scale yes, but all the figures you would need are available, easy to paint, and fun to play on the table.

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one thinking Janes Addiction right now?
    Loving this one very much. Has a super Yojimbo feel to him.

    ReplyDelete