You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, May 4, 2014

Edo Street Gang and the boss


Here is the last figure from the latest order. I repainted him a couple times because I wasn't happy with the other designs I had picked put for the haori and kimono. I finally settled on the Hiroshige waves.

The head is an old man head that isn't yet available; I'm having all of my commissioned figures come with separate heads so that maybe I can have Steve put together a "head pack" for all your 42mm conversion needs. The body is from SAM38 unarmored samurai in haori. The only other conversion work I did with the boss was to replace the separate (but included) pewter scabbard piece with one I hammered out of brass (to add extra durability; I like my figures to be able to stand up to rigorous handling.)

It was fun painting all of these, and they form a nice colorful gang; finally, a group that can go up against my small entourage of sword school students. I think I will get a few more of the bandit swordsmen and another figure to be their boss, and form another gang. I have enough of Steve Barber's 42mm samurai now for plenty of skirmish action -- small OR large.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, the boss look great. Very envious of your freehand work on his clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy. Took a couple tries and lots of cursing, but it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Sounds like it's time for some AARs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get free weekend, these guys certainly will be battling!
      I also ordered a book that has lots of stories about Edo period gang fights, so that should provide some inspiration.

      Delete
  3. That's incredible !
    beautiful painting work !
    I'm impressed....

    ReplyDelete