You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Orange, Apple and Mouse


I haven't painted any minis in the past week, but I've still been throwing paint. Here's a portrait of Mouse. Technically, Mouse is indeed minis-related: I didn't start drawing and painting him until after I began playing "Mice and Mystics." I haven't played the game in a while, but the inspired art still pervades. I used some of my craft acrylics as well as some of my minis paints for this (on canvas.) The Vallejo paints were nice; they stayed wet for a good time, allowing me to blend colors for longer.

Though, I haven't been been painting any minis, I have been working on making a new terrain board for my samurai. I helped my friend Bryon build his own terrain board and it gave me the itch to make my own. When It's done, I'll do a complete post about it. It'll be sweet. It has a small waterfall.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, he forgot the cheese! Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! reminds me of Mouseguard too :)

    I'm still between M&M, Arcadia quest and other "minis" boargames like gears of war or Tannhauser. Fact is that M&M always looked too story focused o me, wich may be bad for my usual group of players (light games) but might fit for me and wife.

    Striking blue you've got here Mr.

    ReplyDelete